Manage your AOL Account
Advance Features of AOL Mail Account:
- Easy to Use
- Automatic Updates
- Increased Security
- Enhance Encryption
How to Sign in to my AOL Mail Account?
AOL Mail gives you a proper mail experience to get in touch with your friend and family. Checkout how you can sign in to your AOL Mail Account and what you should do if you find any account problems.
AOL has become one of the best and effective way of communication. Not Limited for the personal use AOL Mail Login can be used for business purposes. Offers all the basic requirements need by one Business. By Signing in with AOL the user will definitely feel secured and delightful.
In Order to Sign in to your AOL Mail Account Follow the below Steps:
- Open your web Browser.
- Go to the Main of AOL i.e. https://www.aol.com.
- If you already own an AOL Mail type in the Email Address and Password in order to login to your AOL Mail.
- To Sign Up to your AOL Mail Account. Click on “Create an Account”.
- In the Sign-up Form type in all the fields required like First and Last Name,preferred Email Address and password, Phone Number, Preferred Password, Date of Birth and Gender.
- Now, Click on Continue.
- A verification code will be sent to your registered phone number.
- Type in the 5 digit verification code in Given Space.
- Congratulations!! Your AOL Mail is Created Now, Click on Continue
How to manage your AOL Mail Account Username & Password?
AOL makes it very easy for its user to choose their username and password. your password gives you complete access to your AOL Mail Account and it should be like Fingerprints that is completely yours. It is very important to change your password on a regular basis.
- Start the procedure by signing in to your account security page.
- Click on the Change Password option.
- Enter the New Password that you want to use in both the New Password and Confirm New Password Fields.
- After that click on Continue and it’s Good to Go.
Top Tips to Create a Strong Password:
The First step to keep your mail safe is to choose a strong password. Keep all these things in your mind when you are generating or updating your password. Always use unique words – don’t use general obvious terms like “password”. Have 12 or more alphabets and characters if possible, the longer password is stronger than shorter ones. Don’t use obvious terms, so never use personal information like name, AOL username or birthday.
Prevent Repeated characters or sequences such as adjacent characters on the keyboard i.e. QWERTY. And always choose a different password for different websites so that if one website password is compromised the other will remain safe.
What are the Advantages of having an AOL Mail Account?
- No need to buy any paid service to use your AOL mail Login account.
- For Mobile and Tablet, you can download its app so that you can use the mail with ease.
- Unlike from other mails, AOL provide unlimited storage so that one can use it in every aspect without any hesitation.
- Having all these features, AOL also provide SPAM Mail Blocking Features that keep dangerous unwanted message or phishing content away from the inbox.
- AOL Mail also let the user to generate on address book so that one never loose his/her important contacts.
Use POP or IMAP to sync AOL Mail on a third-party app or download your email
You can use different application (third-party) to download a copy of your AOL Mail Login Email or can send or receive emails. If you are not familiar with AOL interface. There are two types of protocols that one can select while setting up a third-party email app: POP or IMAP.
POP downloads the copy of all the data i.e. mails from the AOL Mail Account (mail.aol.com) to the application. This make our mails safe as if you delete any mail from your email it remains safe in the app, as the copy is still there. Including this, POP take mails only from Inbox (not from personalized folders), so if the user feel some time to download all the mails, they’ve to move all the mails from different existing folders into the inbox.
Below are the POP and IMAP Server setting that the user can use for AOL Mail and links to setting up the mail on the applications. If still face some issue contact third party manufacturer to configure.
Settings of AOL Mail (POP & IMAP)
Mostly Email third-party software & Applications have account setting option in the the menu so that the user can update the POP3 and IMAP setting easily. While entering all of your details make sure the user enter their complete email address that must contain @aul.com, and for incoming and outgoing mail SSL encryption is enabled.
|Protocol||Server Settings||Port Settings|
|POP 3|| Incoming mail server (POP3): pop.aol.com|
Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.aol.com
|IMAP|| Incoming mail server (IMAP): imap.aol.com|
Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.aol.com
Add two-step verification to your AOL Mail for extra security
Choose the best Security feature for your AOL Mail Account. When so ever you or someone try to login to your mail from an unrecognized device or browser a automatically generated code will be sent to your registered phone number, even after you enter the password correct. Follow below steps to know how can someone enable two step verification.
Start the two step verification feature to keep your mail secure that require a verification code that will be sent to your registered phone number when ever you try to sign in your mail from different device or browser.
- Go to aol.com and sign to your AOL Mail Account.
- In the Account section, Click on Account Security Page.
- Just Beside the “two step verification” Turn on the toggle button by clicking on it.
- Enter your Correct Phone number where you will receive the verification code as a text message.
- Now, click on send SMS or Call Me tab to get the verification code.
- Enter the Verification code in the given blank space, then click on the verify option.
- If you are trying to Access the AOL Mail on different third-party application, then click on create app password and click on skip for now.
Note: At any time if you feel to turn off the two-step verification option, Just visit the security page again and change the toggle button to turn off position.
If the user is using third party Application to access to its AOL Mail Account, then the user has to use an app password with the two-step verification feature. These third-party applications required secured passwords as they can’t send the verification codes on the registered phone numbers. This Security features don’t let unauthorized parties to Sign in to you secure Mail.
As the two-step verification feature enable the device and browser tracking. So, when someone try to access the mail from different device the verification code will be sent on the registered number. But after the Successful verification of the device, the user may not get the verification code again when sign in from the same device or browser as the mail tracked the device. In order to get verification code again for the same device, just go to the recent activity page of your mail and deauthorize the device, location and the browser.
If you don’t have the phone number with which you created the mail address. You have to reset your password to access your account.
Common Error Messages in AOL Mail
Learn what one should do if they face any kind of error messages while using AOL Mail Login.
It will be very annoying if you find any error message while using your AOL Mail Login Account. Still, Each error message tell something specific about the Mail Account. Check the below link to find out what exactly error your mail is showing.
If you find any problem while creating your AOL Mail Account, it is suggested to everyone to seek help from experts by Dialing the AOL Mail Support Number